Friday, May 4, 2012

A Year With God, Day 125 of 366

I had a thought earlier today, and it was something about not appreciating what you have until it's gone.  but I can't recall right now exactly what prompted that thought.

Simple things like having a tissue to blow your nose, or a candy bar when you're really craving chocolate.  Or remembering a blog idea a few hours after you think of it.

I'm sure I had some profound point to make about it all, or at least a point that makes sensse,b tu I can't remember it now.

To paraphrase what a character in a Lois McMaster Bujold book said about his mother, God is like air.  You never notice it until it's gone.  And once it's gone, you need it back right away.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll wake up remembering what it was I meant to blog about.  And if I do, I'll post it.  And knowing my luck, it will be something silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment