Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Year With God, Day 127 of 366 (belated)

Today, I admitted something to myself out loud for the first time.  I don't like getting angry.  I never have.  And I realized that there have been a few times in my life when I have been so angry that I scared myself.

I have been in a few situations--like three or maybe five times total--when I've been so angry I literally couldn't stop myself, even though some part of my brain was still thinking, 'This is stupid. 
This could get me in very big trouble.'

And I never quite remember how I've gotten out of those situations.  Though it's always happened without anyone getting hurt.

But I work very hard to control myself now.  And it's not a conscious thing.  But now when I get angry, I choke on my words, and I can't make myself speak, and I can't even say how I feel.

I really try to argue better, but every thing I think of to say seems to be designed to hurt the other person, and I can't see that as constructive, so I end up not saying anything.

I think I need classes for arguing. 

I don't know if there are any verses in the Bible that address this.  I guess I'll have to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment