Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Year With God, Day 126 of 366 (Belated)

I realized something interesting today.  I spent seven hours today with a lady who only opened her eyes for maybe a total of two minutes the entire time I was there.  And yet somehow, I still came away with a very clear impression of her personality.

We are who we are, even when we're asleep, even when we're sick, even when we're comatose or nearing the end of our lives.  A person's personality is still clear in her face, even if she can't or won't speak to anyone.

It was another of those very simple but very profound things.  I don't exactly know why it struck me as beign so important.  Perhaps because God's craftsmanship is so consistent, that we stay who we are, even when we're not aware of ourselves.

And I find that rather reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment