Monday, May 14, 2012

A Year With God, Day 134 of 366 (belated)

I have not posted much over the past week or so.  I have been feeling very depressed, worried, scared.But things are turning around, so I am starting to feel better.  A little time, a little peace, and a lot of prayer and I will feel like myself again.

Yesterday, the pastor at my church talked about how thinking affects what we do and who we are.  And after church, I went to lunch with my mother and sister.  Mom had some shrimp with pineapple on top.

As I was driving home afterwards, I thought, 'I would never order that shrimp dish.  I don't like pineaple.'

But I ate fresh pineapple once, and I did like it.  I might not care for canned pineapple, but I can't make a blanket statement that I don't like any pineapple.

So why do I still think I don't like it?  Habit.  I need to break the habit of reflexively thinking I don't like pineapple. And I need to break the habit of thinking poorly about myself, and focusing on the down side.

I need to set aside what happened in the past, and look forward, at what I can do, and not worry about what I can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment