Monday, January 2, 2012

A Year With God, day 2 of 366

1-2-2012

So I got caught up in life today and so don't have time for a long and considered post.  So this will be a quick one.

God made Adam for the purpose of taking care of the animals in the Garden of Eden . . and the plants, too I suppose.  So I think there is an inherent need in every person, to take care of someone or something, and to be taken care of in turn.

There is something so satisfying about holding a purring cat in your lap, or seeing a dog tearing across a field to your side because he just wants to be with you that much.

That's how I think God feels about us.  When  we turn to Him, it pleases Him and brings joy to his heart.  And thinking of God full of joy like I am when my kitty rubs against my legs . .  thinking of him being that happy because of me . .  well that makes me feel good, too.

In actuality then, I guess the need we have is for a reciprocal relationship, balanced with love and consideration for both parties.

And that is a very nice thought.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that thought sue.. it rings very true

    ReplyDelete