Friday, January 6, 2012

A Year With God, Day 6 of 366

I had an idea earlier today of what I wanted to write in today's post.  But it pretty much vanished from my mind, and what I remember of it didn't sound so great, after all.  so I randomly opened my Bible:
Revelation 4:8
"Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come."

That is the second half of the verse, but that's what caught my eye.  The thing that struck me about it is that God is always there. He has always been there, and He will always be there.  That's a mind-boggling concept, when I think about it.

But at the same time, I find it comforting to know that no matter what else changes, or who might come and go in my life, God will always be there, and God never changes.

That is more consistency than I will ever find anywhere else on earth.  We move from city to city--from apartment to house, then across the country and back to an apartment again.  Jobs are found and then lost again.  Pets pass away, people drift apart . . . even churches go through times of change and their members sometimes leave.

Life is rather scary at the moment.  I am living day to day, with the help of family and friends.  But knowing that God is there, that he loves me and wants what is best for me, is a great comfort, even at times when I am fighting off panic.  Or perhaps especially at those times.

God should be the rock upon which we build our lives, because God is the one thing in the universe we can really really rely on to always be there, solid and unchanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment