Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Year With God, Day 36 of 366

I was listening to the classical music station on the way to church today.  I must confess, with no offense meant to my cousin, the expert pianist, I prefer violin to piano.  Somehow, the thought stuck in my head, and I knew I had to write about it in today's blog entry.

I tried to think of why.  Is it something about the way the notes blend together?  Or because playing the piano requires a manual dexterity that is completely beyond my ability?  Is it because the piano seems to have a visual element that doesn't translate well to radio?  (I did enjoy watching my cousin play at her concerts, and watching her fingers fly across the keyboard, and it's not the same just hearing the music).

Perhaps it was a bit of all of that and more.  Finally, it just occurred to me--I prefer the violin to piano because God made me that way.

It seems like such a simple thought, but somehow it's very profound.  No two people are exactly alike.  Some prefer piano.  Some prefer violin.  Some like country music, while others love rap.  I

It's amazing how much variety there is for each individual person on the planet.  And how amazing is God, that he knows us all by heart, and remembers every nuance of our personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment