Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Year With God, Day 59 of 366

Luke 12:18-19

Then Jesus asked, "What is the kingdom of God like?  What shall I compare it to?  It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden.  It grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air pirched in its branches."

I have never seen the plant that a mustard seed comes from.  But I have seen mustard seeds, and they are very small.  God can take that tiny seed and grow it into a tree large enough for birds to grow on.  And that is what the kingdom of God is like.

From something small grows something huge.  From one man, and one woman came the human race, and from one man, Jesus, came the Christian faith.

I must trust in God to take my small efforts and grow them into something large and living and prosperous, like a tree where birds can perch.

No comments:

Post a Comment