Monday, February 13, 2012

A Year With God, Day 44 of 366

Lamentations 3:31-32
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.


These verses say to me that no matter how much I whine or complain, God always has a sympathetic ear.  We humans get tired of hearing our friends compoain about the same things over and over.  But God with his infinite patience and infinite compassion, will hear us every time we cry out to him.

I am a sinner, and that will never change.  I might have faith, and want to avoid sin, and I may be able to do so for a while.  but eventually, I will fall again.  And it's good to know that when I do, I can ask God for forgiveness, and trust that he will forgive me, and helpt me find strength to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment