Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Year With God, Day 40 of 366

So today I started thinking about clutter.

I sometimes have the idea that more is better.  like making homemade pizza-- a little cheese and sausage is good, so a LOT of cheese and sausage must be even better!  Except that then the crust doesn't cook well, and all the toppings fall off because there's too much weight for the crust. . .

Or I think if I get a nice filing bin to put my paperwork in, I'll be organized, and it won't be as cluttered.  But I end up with a bunch of paperwork on top of the bin waiting to be filed.

So I wondered-- does God have clutter?  Did he calculate birth rates and space requirements before he created the earth?  Perhaps the end of the world will come when the population grows to the point that there is no room for anyone else.

It's amusing to picture that, but I know it's not true.  God has a great sense of balance and organization.  Like a Master Bonzai Artist, He arranges every blade of grass and every leaf and needle on every tree in the world.  And He guides into place every insect and animal and fish.  And He also guides the people, calling them to the paths that He has prepared for them, but only if they heed that call.

God creates balance in the universe-- birth balances death, winter balances summer, peace balances war. 

I'm rambling a bit here, but God does not just pile us up in the corner like clutter and forget about us.  he places each of us carefully in place, and watches our every move.  If we believe in him, he will never let us go.  Only in that, is God like a hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment