Monday, February 6, 2012

A year With God, Day 37 of 366

1 Corinthians 12:20 says, "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.  So it is with Christ."

The pastor at my church taught a lesson from Philippians this Sunday.  Ond of the things he sad is that on our journey to learn about God and grow closer to Him, we need the skills of all believers.  This reminded me of 1 Corinthians 12:20. 

It also reminded me of a series of books by David Eddings--the Belgariad.  In the series, a young farm boy grows up to become king and to fulfill a great prophecy and overcome evil.  In order to fulfill the prophecy, he gathered a group of people to help him-- a wise man, a woman of power, a warrior, a thief, a noble night, and others.  Each had an important role to play in the story.  They were not all there for every event, and many of them did not witness the ultimate battle.  But each of them was part of the greater story, even though they were not always aware of it.

That is how living life for Christ should be.  We are part of a grand design created by God.  We each have a role to play.  We may not see the entire design in our lifetime.  But we are part of it, nonetheless.  We must learn to trust God and his grand design.  He will not let us fail in whatever our destiny might be.

Some day, we will be able to look back over the whole series of God's story of the universe.  And even though I am just a minor character in that story, I know that God will remember me by name, and congratulate me on a job well done.

Like the character in David Eddings' book, I can't fail to do the task that God put me on earth to do.

That's why I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment