Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Year With God, Day 68 of 366

Sometimes, the people who love us get angry with us.  And they get the angriest when we do something that hurts ourselves.

Today, I cut my hand, and waited until my husband got off work to go to the doctor.  He was angry with me, partly  because I did something stupid and cut myself, but even more because I waited, when it could have made my injury worse, because he didn't want to be without me.

It makes me wonder how God feels, looking down at me.  He sees every stupid self-destructive thing I do, even the ones my husband knows nothing about. 

So tonight, I'm praying that God will keep me from stupid accidents, and from other more harmful things I tend to do.  For my sake, and my husband's sake, because he likes having me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment