Friday, March 23, 2012

A Year With God, Day 83 of 366

Some people are never satisfied with their life.  Me, I tend to be complacent, and I never want to push my luck by trying to succeed too much.  I am content to just get by.

But that's not necessarily a good thing.  God put me here to be me, and to be me as best as I am able.  Ambition and the drive to succeed are not sins--at least not in and of themselves. 

I think of the Apostle Paul.  He was zealous in everything he did.  And he truly had a heart for God.  He believed at first that Christianity was wrong, and he went after the early church with every resource he could.  And then, when God showed him the error of his ways, he did an about-face and was just as zealous in spreading the gospel--if not more so.

Fighting complacency is a daily battle, and it's a fight I often fail at.  But putting it in writing here is a reminder to myself that it is okay to want more.  I just need to rely on God to show me which more I need to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment