Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Year With God, Day 82 of 366

Tonight I watched a horror movie with my husband.  It was a weird movie, which involved a group of hikers getting lost, going crazy and killing each other and themselves.

In the end, the movie just kind of  . . . stopped.  There was no clear resolution, no explanation of why they went crazy, there was no point to it.

It made me think of Ecclesiastes 1:2  "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher.  "Utterly meaningless.  Everything is meaningless!"

But my faith in God tells me that it is NOT meaningless.  Unlike the movie, in the end I know there will be an explanation of why.  There will be a clear ending, and a resolution to my life.

That is the difference between that movie, and a life with God.

And personally, I'd rather believe than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment