Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Year With God, Day 81 of 366

Life is unexpected.  Who would have thought that there would be 6 inches of snow on March 21st, in Oregon?  Certainly not me.

I woke this morning relieved, thinking, 'I'm glad I don't have to work today.'  Half an hour later I got the call that I was needed.

Did I want to leave my nice warm apartment to scrape snow off my car and make my way across town at the speed of an old beat up snow-plow?  Not really.  But someone needed my help, and so I went.

And I don't regret it.

I suppose that might be how Jesus felt, having to leave the comfort of heaven to go out into the cold uncomfortable world of humans.  But He did it, because we needed Him.  We still need Him.

So now that I am home again, and ready to take a nice hot shower and climb into my warm comfortable bed, I am glad I went out today, because I was able to help someone who needed it..  And I hope Jesus feels the same way about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment