Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Year With God, Day 70 of 366

So . . where is the line between trusting God, and putting one's head in the sand?

Where is the line between beng content with what one has, and living up to one's potential?  Or the line between being confident enough to have high goals, and being greedy?

Where is the line between standing up for one's self, and starting to abuse others?

I don't know the answer to these questions, or not fully anyway.  I suppose the start to the first question is to pray and actively seek the opportunities that God provides.

The second question is harder.  I am not sure how good I am at anything, and others tell me I am capable of much more, and I'm not sure I really am.  I don't think that I am greedy, but I want more than I have.  I suppose for this I need to just decide what I want to do, and actively pursue it, with prayer, of course.

The last question is maybe the hardest.  I am not good at standing up for myself.  I am more likely to retreat than attack.  I am trying to be more assertive, but sometimes I go too far.  Maybe because I have to be angry before I say anything.  And I tend to not be able to put my emotions into words, even afterwards, when I'm calm again.  I guess I need to define how I feel, and go from there.  I need to learn to admit my emotions after I define them.

Which is a scary thing to contemplate.  It's true. Admitting my emotions out loud terrifies me.  I wonder why that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment