Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Year With God, Day 71 of 366

Today, my pastor mentioned Ephesians 2:8:  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--"

And he said that when it says 'this not from yourselves' it refers to faith.  I had always thought it meant that being saved was the gift of God.

But the pastor said that all we have to do to be saved is have faith, and that even faith comes from God.  It's a different perspective on that verse, and somehow, it was just what I needed to hear today.

He also said that when it comes to a relationship with God, our part is to obey, and God's part is to provide us with everything we need for that loving relatinship.

So, it's kind of an answer to the question I asked yesterday.  And what a releif to put it all in God's hands.  Right now I don't feel like I handle much of anything, so it's nice to think that God will take care of it all for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment