Monday, March 19, 2012

A Year With God, Day 79 of 366

In a story I am working on, one of the characters wrote a short story, and then was worried, because it revealed about her.  Another character pointed out that every story reveals part of the author's soul.

And I thought, we are careless with our souls.  At least I am.  I put all this out on the internet, where anyone can read it.  And this blog is full of my most private thoughts.

But then I thought of that song, 'This little light of mine, I'm gonna to let it shine.  Hide it under a bushel? No!, I'm gonna let it shine."  And it occured to me that God wants us to show our souls.  Which makes sense, because that's how we show God to others, by our souls.  Ando ur sould should shine like candles.

It's easy to let these things show when you're not thinking about it.  But to deliberately put a piece of my soul out where others can see it, well now, that's a scary thing to do.  But I think it gets easier with practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment