Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Year With God, Day 87 of 366

This weekend I had the priviledge of sharing the last few hours of someone's life.  He was a sweet, kind older man, and in the space of three days I grew to be very fond of him.

I realized again (because I already knew it without really thinking about it) that there is family, and there are relatives, and the two don't always overlap.

I also came to the conclusion that if you have even one person who cares about you when you go, then that is enough.  There doesn't have to be a crowd for there to be love.

And I learned that sometimes the smallest simple gesture is enough to touch someone's heart and make them feel loved and comforted.

It was three days that felt like a week or a month, but I am glad I got the chance to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment