Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Year With God, Day 101 of 366

Today, I fell down.  It was really the only thing of note that happened to me today, sadly enough.  I came out of my apartment, and my foot slipped off the edge of the sidewalk.  The next thing I knew, I was on my backside on the concrete with a scuff on my elbow and a skinned knee.

Aside from being embarrassed, it got me thinking.  Human beings are meant to get back up when we fall.  I almost said we were meant to fall down, but I don't think that's really true. 

But we have strong bone to bear our weight, and elbows and knees that bend to absorb impact.  Our spines twist and bend to keep us from falling on our faces (or at least mine did today, thought I'm not quite sure how), and our backsides are padded to cushion our landing.

I'm not sure what all this really means.  I'm sure someone could divine some deep interpretation of it all, but that someone is smarter than I.

I simply find it reassuring that God gave me a body resilient enough to get back up after falling down.  And I know that God, like my husband today, will be right there when I fall, ready to offer me a helping hand when I need one.

And that is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment