Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Year With God, Day 118 of 366 (belated)

Yesterday I woke up just feeling sad and depressed.  I'm not sure why.  It just felt like the weight of the world was pressing down on me.

Then I went to work.  I had a split shift with a two hour break between the two shifts.  My husband needed the car, so I walked over to my mom's to visit her, since she lives near where I was working.  As I was walking, there were clouds in the sky but no rain.  There was a nice fresh breeze blowing.

And suddenly I realized I felt good.  It's rare lately that I have a few minutes completely alone, and I need that.  I used to walk for miles and hours when I was a kid in the country, and I really really miss that.

That walk soothed my soul, as trite as that might be to say.  So, thank you, God for giving me that time.  You must have known I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment