Monday, April 16, 2012

A Year With God, Day 106 of 366

Tonight, I am tired--like bone weary, fighting to keep my eyelids up tired.

And so random thoughts are drifting through my head, and I find myself unable to focus on any one thought.

I am grateful for leftover pizza, and the fridge we can keep it in, so it doesn't go bad before we eat it.

I am grateful for our coffee pot, even though we have to be careful how we put the pot in, or it won't brew right.

I am grateful for the rain, even though it makes the ground soggy and muddy, and my shoes get dirty when I go outside.

I am grateful that there are programs that can help those who don't have insurance or the money to pay for medical treatment, even though the paperwork is so difficult to wade through.

I am grateful for my job, that I enjoy what I do, even though it means working odd hours, long shifts, and often with very little notice.

I am grateful that my husband is willing to cook me dinner, so when I come home at 10 pm, something hot is waiting for me to eat.

I am grateful for this blog, even if no one sees it but me, because it helps me in ways that I can't even define.

I am grateful for friends and family, nearby and far away.  I love y'all, and I don't say that enough.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blogs! Of course, I usually read a week at a time, so I'm not always on top of things. It's so incredible that my baby sister has so much wisdom to share! "Do not be discourages, for, low, I am with you always, even unto the ends of the earth" or something like that. Luv ya, Mary

    ReplyDelete