Sunday, April 1, 2012

A Year With God, Day 91 of 366 (belated)

I just got home from a twelve hour shift at work, that turned into a fourteen hour shift, because my relief called in sick.

The first thing I did when I got home was take off my shoes and socks.  I immediately felt better. It struck me to write a blog about it, and then I wondered, what do feet have to do with God?

Then I thought of Jesus washing the disciples' feet.  After hours on their feet, walking with Jesus, their feet must have been tired and sore.  There is a lot of symbolism and deeper meaning behind the concept of foot-washing, but the simple fact that taking care of one's feet makes one feel better.

Because God cares about me.  Every part of me, not just my head or my heart, but also my feet.  And that's comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment