Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Year With God, Day 112 of 366

Today, I am reminded of the little songs we used to make up as kids.  The tribute to a friend's teddy bear, titled, 'Chocolate Ice Cream . ..  . Why did you go into the fire?'

(No teddy bears were harmed in the writing of that song, although the falls are probably still raining down upon the crawdads.)

Or the song about the fun crazy times I had in grade school-- 'I"m Majorly Insane'.

To those who weren't there, this probably doesn't make sense.  But to me, they bring back happy memories.  Getting anyone else to understand would take a lot of explanations.

I think that our relationship with God should be like that.  Something we can think of at any random time, and smile or laugh and feel good.  Enough that someone can see that it matters to us.  But explaining why could take a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment