Friday, April 20, 2012

A Year With God, Day 110 of 366

I like my job.  I am working now taking care of people who are coming to the end of their lives.  The job has its ups and downs, but as far as the actual work goes, I really enjoy it.  (Thank you, Sarah and Mary for encouraging me to do it).

I have met some very interesting people.  Some sweet, some obstinate, and some with totally different values than I have.  I got along with some, with others not so much.  But even the most aggravating of them, I find myself valuing.

When it comes to that time of one's life, it seems, one has to decide what's really important, and focus on that thing-- or those things.  For some it's maintaining their lifestyle.  For others, it's extending their life.  For some it's just a matter of being made comfortable for the time they have left.  And some are worried about taking care of the family they'll leave behind.

I have always found people fascinating.  And I've been given the opportunity to meet some very fascinating people in the past few months.  It puts me even more in awe of God's ability to make each of us unique, and give us each our own way of dealing with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment