Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Year With God, Day 103 of 366

So once again I sit at my computer at bedtime, wondering what to write for today's blog.

I had a thought yesterday, so let me see if I can articulate it.  I was thinking about several books I've been reading that deal with Greek gods lately, and I was thinking about how thier personalities were rather like peoples'.  Because the gods came from men, so they reflect the character of man.

But then thinking about God . . . well in essence the thought I had came down to this:  If you asked every person in America what God was like, they would each give a different answer. 

And I think that's because how we think of God still comes from our own experiences--like the ancient Greeks I suppose.  But in contrast to the Greek gods, God made us in His own image, so instead of gods taking on certain aspects of humanity, humans are in fact a reflection of God.

God is immense.  He knows all.  He can do anything.  His personality is unfathomable.  But I think every person in the world has a little piece of God in them.  Perhaps if we could put together every personality of every person who ever lived, then we would have an accurate picture of what God is like.

And how hard is that to picture?  That is what God is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment