Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Year With God, Day 119 of 366

This morning, I went to wash my hands, and I found myself staring at the towel rack.  The image of a towel just stuck in my head.  It seemed like a strange topic for today's blog, but then I thought about it.

God is rather like a towel.  You never notice He's missing from your life until you need Him, and He's not there.  If you've ever stepped out of the shower, and reached for a towel, only to realize you forgot to hang a fresh one up after you started that last load of laundry, then you know what I mean.

And like that towel, if God is missing, it's because we forgot to put Him there, not because He didn't want to be there for us.

So like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says, always carrry a towel.  And always bring God with you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment