Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Year With God, Day 116 of 366

There is an episode of the original Star Trek that is titled, 'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.  At least I think that's the title.  It might have just been a line from the episode, but it stuck in my mind.

I believe the premise was that a race of people found out that what they thought was their planet was actually a giant spaceship.  I don't remember all the details, I'm afraid.

But it just makes me think.  The world is hollow, meaningless, temporary.  I, as a believer in Christ have touched the sky, because I know I am going to a place of unimaginable beauty when I die.

I shouldn't be so worried about the things of the earth.  My thoughts should be fixed on heavenly things, instead.  (I'm pretty sure Paul wrote something to that effect at least once.)

That phrase is pretty much Christianity in a nutshell--the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment