Monday, April 2, 2012

A Year With God, Day 92 of 366 (belated)

I know I have been running a day behind with my blog posts lately.  I worked a couple of overnight shifts, and it threw me off.

I like schedules.  I like knowing what's coming, and when I'll be working, and that how much money I'll have coming in to pay my bills.  I don't like uncertainty.

But the truth of the matter is, nothing in life is really certain.  If we were all born with a schedule showi g every day of our lives up until the moment we die, that might be convenient, but it wouldn't be living. 

And frankly, I think  it would get boring pretty quickly.  A little uncertainty and unexpectedness is a good thing.  It reminds us that there is more to life than what we plan for.  And God often gives us something better than we could imagine when we get knocked off our plan and onto his.

But still, I'd rather have a little less uncertainty in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment